Steps to Receiving the Licensed Healthcare Auditor™ Certification
1) Meet the eligibility requirements
These requirements must be met in order to apply for the LHA™ program:
- Must have two (2) years applicable experience and/or education (to be evaluated by the Board via a scoring matrix process)
- Depending on your experience score and forensic accounting academic background, forensic accounting training may be required (see Forensic Accounting Review under Programs/Courses)
- Must be in compliance with all local ordinances, state laws, and federal regulations
- No felony convictions
2) Apply to the program (application at the bottom of this page)
Submit the application, fees, and required supporting documentation, including the following:
- Current resume/curriculum vitae
- Substantiation of experience
- Other licenses, certifications, certificates, and/or commissions
- At least two (2) professional references
The exam fee for Licensed Healthcare Auditor™ certification is $585.
3) Prepare for the exam
Once you have been approved, you can begin preparing for the exam. The Board of ABFA offers a review course for this exam–more information can be found here.
4) Sit for the exam
After successful completion of the exam, you will receive the Licensed Healthcare Auditor™ credential from ABFA. Your credential will be mailed to you within 4-6 weeks of completion of the exam.