The American Board of Forensic Accounting and its members are dedicated to the development and advancement of the field of forensic accounting. It is the Board’s aspiration to publicly advocate the value of skilled, professional forensic accounting services as well as create and maintain standards of excellence within the field. In order to achieve these goals, the Board grants credentials to individuals who demonstrate knowledge and competence in professional forensic accounting services in a multitude of areas. Additionally, to recognize significant professional achievements and contributions to the field of forensic accounting, the Board may bestow the designation of Diplomate. To further recognize the continued dedication, professional excellence, and active participation in the field, the Board may award its highest designation of Fellow.
Each type of recognition maintains its own series of eligibility requirements.
ABFA members come from large accounting firms, government entities, educational institutions, and individual practitioners.
The benefits of membership include:
- Mentoring and career guidance
- Providing forensic accounting coaching and instruction
- Researching selected topics for members
- Special pricing and discounts for continuing professional education and world leading academic training
- Exclusive opportunities to have articles published
- A Speaker Bureau and conference networking
- Referral opportunities through the Board
- Personal accomplishment as a member of a valuable professional organization
General membership is open to individuals who are interested in forensic accounting. Once you complete the free membership application, the Board will review your application and determine how best we can help meet your career and academic goals.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the American Board of Forensic Accounting, please click the button below.