The certification exam assesses your knowledge and competence in professional forensic accounting services and is a fully comprehensive exam covering forensic accounting, fraud, litigation services, cyber security issues, and valuations. It is offered online in a continuous testing format and consists of five (5) sections:
- Practice and Theory – one hour with 25 multiple choice questions
- Fraud – two hours with 50 multiple choice questions
- Litigation – two hours with 50 multiple choice questions
- Cyber – two hours with 50 multiple choice questions
- Valuations – one hour with 25 multiple choice questions
Each section needs to be taken and passed in the order presented. The test is currently open book and covers a lot of information. Our goal is for you to become well versed in the subject matter. You may need to use a calculator or your computer to solve some of the questions.
You may retake a section of the exam but will need to complete all sections within thirty (30) days. Once you begin a section of the exam, you will need to complete it in one sitting as they are timed. You will need a score of 70% or greater to pass each section. If you don’t complete all five (5) sections of the exam within thirty (30) days, you will have to start over from the beginning.
There is one (1) retry for each section built into the testing platform, but you may request additional attempts by contacting the ABFA.