What is Certification?
Certification is the process through which an organization grants recognition to an individual, organization, process, service, or product that meets certain established criteria.
Becoming certified may enhance your education and assist you in receiving a job, attaining a promotion, or validating education and experience. Some added benefits for becoming certified may include recognition of knowledge and skills by a third party, continued professional development, demonstration of a high level of commitment to the field, and a differentiator in a competitive job market.
The benefits of certification include:
- Granting recognition of knowledge and skills by a third party
- Enhancing professional reputation
- Providing personal accomplishment
- Supporting continued professional development
- Demonstrating a high level of commitment to the field of practice
- Demonstrating a specific level of knowledge and skill
- Increasing opportunities for career advancement and/or increased earnings
- Validating skills and knowledge
- Communicating credibility
- Serving as a differentiator in a competitive job market
- Meeting employer or governmental requirements
What is Registration?
Registration is the process by which a continuing educational provider is evaluated against defined standards, and when in compliance with these standards, is awarded recognition by a third party.
ABFA is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.